Thames Sailing Club Paddleboard School
Thames Sailing Club Paddleboard School:
The original Blue Chip Paddleboard School started in 2008 by Brian Johncey soon built up a reputation of excellence and fun training, being the first ASI qualified school in Europe. The school established a great relationship with The Thames Sailing Club in Surbiton in 2010 where it has remained ever since.
Need more information? Then please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Good News: Thames Sailing Club is delighted that the same team of Club instructors that built the original school's reputation will continue to teach Paddleboarding at the Thames Sailing Club Paddleboard School.
TSC Paddeboard School instructors have maintained their ASI and or British Canoeing qualifications, our paddleboard instructors are certified "Paddle-Safe, Safeguarding and Best Practices" along with first aid qualifications.
Brian Johncey a water sports professional since 1970, a voluntary Youth Activity leader, 1974 was a co leader taking 60 children on a 4 week expedition into the Sahara Desert. Brian has been a highly qualified instructor with over 40 years experience, bringing knowledge, experience and passion to SUP.
- Brian has qualified as:
- BCU canoe instructor
- BSAC sub aqua instructor
- One of the first RYA windsurfing instructors
- ASI SUP instructor
Brian Johncey is Membership Secretary for the Blue Chip Super Club, British Canoeing SUP Tutor - British Canoeing Paddleboard DSM Provider:
- Brian ran the first in the ASI accredited SUP School in Europe
- Brian was the first ASI Instructor in Europe qualified to ASI levels 1 & 2
- Qualified to RYA Power Boat level 1 & 2 re-validated March 2015
- Brian has qualified as an Activity First Aider
- National Rescue Award from the Royal National Life Saving Society
- ASI Water Safety Rescue Award re-validated April 2015
- Enhanced CRB Certificate validated January 2015
The SUP phenomenon:
When Paddleboarding first came to the UK, Blue Chip embraced this up and coming water sport. Blue Chip Board Store soon gained a reputation as the leading store and knowledge base for Paddleboarding in the UK. At Blue Chip, customer service, reputation, experience and knowledge of the sport matters.
Over the past few years, many hundreds of people have enjoyed Paddleboarding Taster Sessions at the Thames Sailing Club. The Real Blue Chip Super Club has over 200,000 viewings of its on-line paddling adventures.
Paddleboarding at the Thames Sailing Club:
Over 40 years of experience, knowledge and passion in teaching water sports has taught us not to compromise on the details, details such as the equipment we use, the teaching techniques we use and the passion we give to the sport of Stand Up Paddling. The past 40 years have given Blue Chip Paddleboarding a wealth of knowledge, experience and passion, that we bring to every Thames Sailing Club Paddleboard lesson.
- TSC Paddleboard Lessons run on the principle of safety, knowledge, fun and more fun.
- All our instructors are ASI and or British Canueing Qualified SUP Instructors
- Brian Johncey (head of Paddleboarding activities at TSC) was the first qualified ASI SUP instructor in Europe
- The Paddleboard School at TSC was the first ASI accredited SUP School in Europe
- Our comprehensive Paddleboard lessons take you through every aspect of SUP
|Water based technique:|
Last updated 13:07 on 20 May 2020